Converting a PPL(A) to a PPL(H)
PPL (A) to PPL (H)
To convert your PPL(A) to a PPL(H) you need to meet the following requirements:
· be at least 17 years of age
· Hold a valid PPL(A) which is not suspended, cancelled or restricted
· Hold a current Class 2 or 1 Medical Certificate
· Hold a Flight Operator Radiotelephony Licence (FRTOL).
· Must pass the PPL(H) theory examinations
1. Principles of flight
2. Operational Procedures
3. Flight performance and planning
4. Aircraft General knowledge
· Must pass a PPL(H) Skills Test
· Must meet the minimum flight training experience requirements as listed in EASA Regulations FCL.210H
Applicants holding a pilot’s licence for another category of aircraft, with the exception of balloons, shall be credited with 10% of their total time as PIC on such aircraft up to a maximum of 6 hours. The amount to be credit in any case not include the requirements in (a)(2) – see below
10 hours supervised solo flight time, including at least 5 hours cross country flight time with at least 1 cross country flight of at least 100nm with full stop landings at 2 aerodromes different from the aerodrome of departure.
· Total minimum 39 hours helicopter training, including 10 hours supervised solo flight.